Sunday, September 13, 2009

Oh Fred, Say it ain't so...

6500 miles, 13 KOA's, 6 Wal-Marts, a spell at the Florer Family Campground and Fred decided to throw a hissy-fit. What's up with that? It's true we did manage to limp into a Citgo Station, but still, he basically just up and quit on us.

Four hours later we found ourselves hitched up to a huge monster-sized wrecker and on the way to Harvey Chevrolet in Radford, Virginia. I can't tell you how traumatized my princess was (not from the breakdown, but having to ride in the wrecker). I can tell you that neither our new BFF Bruce nor his wrecker was inspiring much confidence.


Never-the-less, it was still a good thing and a bad thing. Bad in that nobody in their right mind wants to see Harvey Chevrolet, but good in that Virginia Tech was close. So, sweet as shoofly pie, I was on the phone to Addie asking him if he (AND HIS CAR) would like to have dinner together. Needless to say, it was not long before Peg and I were headed up I-81 (in Addie's Car; he's such a good boy) and Erma was patiently waiting for Fred to get out of the hospital...

2 comments:

  1. I saw Erma in front of your house. Is Fred still
    in the hospital? I thought maybe Erma was a bonus you threw in with the house for sale!
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just wanted to see if there were any updates on Fred! I saw that you called, so I will try you sometime tonight. I hope that it wasn't anything too serious again...

    ReplyDelete